How to Hire and Return a TFI Bike
To Hire a TFI Bike
The TFI Bike service is available all year round, 7 days a week, from 5am to 12.30am, although bikes can be returned to available stands at any time of the day.
- Log in with either your Subscriber Access number from your 3 Day pass , or present your TFI Bikes Membership Card to the card reader located on the terminal and then enter your PIN code.
- Choose your TFI Bike from the list of available stand numbers displayed onscreen.
- Should you need to use it a combination lock code is provided onscreen for your selected TFI Bike. In the event of loss, this number can be retrieved by calling 0818 44 44 77. This phone number is displayed on the basket of your TFI Bike.
- After selecting an available stand you have 60 seconds to press the button located on the stand to remove your chosen TFI Bike. Once you press the button on the stand you have a further 5 seconds to remove the TFI Bike. When this time period has elapsed, the stand will automatically lock again and you will need to repeat the process again if you haven’t removed your TFI Bike.
- Once released from the stand please check your TFI Bike over, to ensure you are satisfied it is working correctly and then adjust the saddle for your height.
- Enjoy the cycle and above all cycle safely.
To Return a TFI Bike
Push your TFI Bike back into an available stand. You will know the bike is inserted correctly once you hear an audio beep followed by the lights on the bike stand flashing for a brief moment before staying green. This confirms you have successfully returned the bike and your hire has been terminated. In the unlikely event you experience a problem simply reposition the bike or try another stand.
Failure to correctly return a TFI Bike will result in unnecessary hire fees being incurred. If a TFI Bike is deemed to be hired for over 24-hours, i.e. it is not correctly locked back into a Station's stand, you will be held liable as though the bike has gone missing and incur a €150 bike loss charge, as set out in the Terms and Conditions. In the event of any issues with returning a TFI Bike correctly, please try an alternative stand or failing that call 0818 44 44 77 for assistance.